To See & Do
- Ocean and beaches, For the more advanced swimmers, the edge of the open ocean can make for a challenging and fun swimming experience. For less advanced swimmers, or those with little ones, pick a resort facing Isla Mujeres for a gentle and relaxing aquatic experience. Be aware that the island becomes extremely hot during day and there are few, if any opportunities to cool off. The sand found here is ground up coral and doesn’t get hot like you might expect. The beaches are absolutely gorgeous and the water is crystal clear and warm. Spending the day on the beaches of Cancun is not only an opportunity to relax, but to shop as well. Many of the native people of Cancun make a living by selling different items to the tourists on the beach. There are a variety of items to be purchased from these vendors, items such as sarongs, jewelry, sea shells and more. However, as in the markets, you have to be willing to bargain to get the right prices.
[wzslider autoplay=”true” height=”300″]
- Xcaret (ecopark), Xcaret is an Eco-archaeological Park located about 76 km (46 mi) south of Cancun and less than 7 km (4 mi) south of Playa del Carmen, in the Riviera Maya. Here you can admire tropical flora and fauna typical of the region as well as different expressions of the Mayan culture. In its facilities you can find an archaeological site, snorkeling in underground rivers, beach, butterfly pavilion, orchid greenhouse, regional fauna breeding farm, Mayan village, jaguar island, among others. For additional cost visitors can swim with dolphins; enjoy the Temascal and Spa services. At night you can admire the unique night show “Xcaret México Espectacular” which features a variety of performances from ancient Mayan culture to traditional Mexican music and dances.
- Swim with Dolphins. Wet’n’Wild also offers dolphin experiences. (Beware: no cameras are allowed, then they charge 25 pesos for the first photo, 20 pesos for each subsequent one). Other great places to swim with dolphins are Delphinus Dreams and Dolphin Discovery.
- Jeep Adventures. Experience some of the most beautiful parts of Cancun in a self drive jeep safari. Tour prices ususally include an experienced guide, and the chance to swim or snorkel in underground caves, explore Mayan ruins and visit a jungle reserve.
- Aqua Tours, Exciting water tour. Choose either a jet ski or two person jet boat for a trip through the lagoon out to snorkel on the reef. Popular tours are the Jungle Tour and the Sailing Quest (Catamarans).
- The Lobster Dinner Cruise. Take a trip out on the calm lagoon on a beautiful boat with friends you have not met yet. The staff allow you to take part in the fun or settle back and watch the sunset. Steak and lobster is cooked on the boat and is extra tasty when eaten out on the high seas.
- La Isla, La Isla is a huge outside shopping mall in Cancun right near many of the local hotels. It features hundreds of stores ranging from American brands like Polo to Mexican brands like Senor Frogs. There are numerous restaurants including Chili’s and McDonald’s along with more local Mexican foods.
- Hidden Worlds Cenote Adventure Park, Tulum,. 9AM-5PM. Situated on the most extensive system of underwater caves and caverns on Earth, the park is home to some of the most stunningly beautiful cenotes in the Yucatan Peninsula, as featured in the critically acclaimed 2001 IMAX movie, Journey Into Amazing Caves, the 2005 Hollywood movie, The Cave and the award winning 2007 BBC Planet Earth television series. Enjoy Zip Lines, The Worlds only SkyCycle, and snorkel tours in the most pristine cenotes in the area.
- Punta Este Marina. Drive your own boat through the lagoon in the Jungle Tour and sknorkel on the reef. Diving lessons and dive trips to the best dive spots in Cancun such as underwater museum.
- Cancun Yachts Club, boulevardo kukulkan km. 5.8 (zona hotelera). Yacht rentals in Cancun. exclusives luxury yachts for rentals tours in all the cancun areas , snorkeling, diving, swimming the most save water activities in yacht.
- Interactive Aquarium, Right in the middle of the hotel zone, this small but modern aquarium lets you get up close and personal with aquatic life. You can pet rays, nurse sharks, touch starfish, etc. There is also a chance to swim with dolphins in a large pool.
- Water and sand, Cancun is possibly best known for its beautiful turquoise waters and powdery white beaches.
- Isla Contoy, is about 30 km (19 mi) north of Isla Mujeres and apart from its natural beauty it is considered to be the most important nesting place for sea birds in the Mexican Caribbean with more than 150 different species.
Spa – Cancun is one of the premier spa destinations in the world with a choice of more than thirty Cancun Spa Resorts that promise to transport your mind, body and spirit to a nirvana of pure bliss. Spas in Cancun offer treatments combining native, ancient mayan healing rituals, modern stress-reducing techniques.
Try a traditional Temazcal steam bath or a full-body massage on the beach overlooking the turquoise blue waters. Indulge in a thalassotherapy treatment and relax as expert therapists provide natural body wraps made with local plants and flowers
The Hotel Zone is a huge venue and gets top entertainers and DJs. Don’t be surprised to see Vegas like shows spontaneously erupt while you are sipping your piña colada. These clubs can charge large covers ranging from US$20-60 per person, though the cover can include an open bar.
You may find yourself dancing in a conga line, laughing your cares away and speaking whatever Español you managed to pickup. A must for the first timers, and always good fun for returners also. Coco Bongo’s entertainment includes a show, complete with girls swinging from the ceilings.
The Kingdom of the Maya • Locations & Activities